Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 24: From Slovenia to Peißenberg (via Großglockner)

As many times before everything good must end and I had to start my trip towards north. I was reluctant to leave, probably because Slovenia was something new and fascinating (and in addition the weather was finally as I was expecting). One last turkish coffee, some Slovenian beer & chocolate to the trunk and I was already on my way :(

This trip was really the hardest both physically and mentally (460 km, 10.5 hours) but also offered some of the greatest views. Because I was in a bit in a hurry, I only stopped in Großglockner to take pictures.

From Stop #1:








After the first stop in Großglockner I also managed to f**k up for the first time during the trip. When I stopped for the second time, I was totally unaware how steep the slope was. I managed to grab Viffer as she fell on the right side but I had no strength to keep off the ground. However I managed to slow her down so impact was rather light. All though without some Dutch couple, I would have gotten hard time to get her up, thank you very much! Luckily nothing was broken and there were only some minor scratches on the side (thank you crash pads!).



From Edelweißspitze



Achensee

Yes, I lied. I did stop to take pictures in other places also ;)

Needless to say, I was really happy to reach Rob & Uli in Peißenberg. There's nothing what a cold Augustiner couldn't heal...





No comments: