Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 2: Hamburg (Reeperbahn)

Besides touristic stuff I also had to figure out what was the problem with the bike. Next to Julie's place there was a motorcycle shop where they recharged and tested the battery (the tester said "battery ok"). At this point there were two options: either the battery is dead or there's something wrong with the recharging system. Since replacing both of them would be expensive, I though that I will try my luck to get to Mr.T & Jenny in order investigate the problem a bit better.

Anyway, since I wanted to avoid one pitfall of the last trip (mainly getting my feet wet), I went to few motorcycle shops around Hamburg. I already had taken a look at Daytona's Touring Star GTX but which I considered too expensive. However from Hein-Gericke I found Daytona Shair GTX (= basically the same shoe) which were on sale during that exact week! In the end I ended up paying around 240€ of them but they're really awesome and what's more important they (still) keep my feet dry.


Some random pictures from the city:




Few pictures from Panoptikum:






And finally from Reeperbahn:

This gas station is famous. Or so i've heard.


Even Julie got into the pic

Astra!

No comments: