Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 3: To Göttingen

It was again time to say goodbye to Julie and Hamburg. However I was a bit worried because of the problem with the charging system. I must admit that because of that I didn't get everything out of Hamburg since the thing was all the time in the back of my head. Such a pain in the ass to have problems straight from the beginning.

Just to play it safe, I started up the trip without lights since I though it would help the charging system a bit. Julie's flatmate had a multimeter which told that the bike is charging, at least somehow! My plan was to drive the whole way to Göttingen without any stops but around Hannover it started to rain and I was forced to make a stop. I wanted to play safe so I killed engine while I still had plenty of speed left and tried to turn on the engine again. I started up nicely so then I knew that it was charging and I could actually shut it down without any doubts.

I filled up the tank, waited for the rain to stop and continued my trip. This time I wanted to test if the charging would work with when I have the lights on (and this was must since it was getting a bit dark). This time I managed to make the rest of the trip without stops and reached Mr. T new bungalow. Of course the bike started up any problems so the charging system had worked... damn.

Anyway, thanks to Jenny's and Mr. T's hospitality (+ some Hasseröder), I forgot about those problems for one evening.

Since Göttingen was already visited twice already I just include a picture of Mr. T's awesome bathroom (if I understood correctly, the lighting was designed by his brother):






No comments: