Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 0: Travemünde

This time the ferry trip went a lot better. Instead of Russian mob or stinky businessmen I shared the cabin with one turkish guy who was really nice (and what is more important: didn't snore). As before, the 1½ days at the sea are pretty boring. 

The possibilities for killing time are pretty limited: going to sauna, going to gym (what was basically two crappy machines), watching TV (the commercials start to get annoying after two hours) or drinking. Tried more or less all of those,  best option was of course to go for a beer during the evening. The prices were a bit more affordable than in normal boats so of course I tried few different kinds of whisk(e)y's.

During the evening I met up with some group of Finnish truck drivers and had few beers with them and listened to some (more or less) interesting stories from their trips. Oh behave!

Somewhere at the sea

An excited passenger





When leaving the boat I already got 1st signs of problems: the bike barely started up. Anyway, next stop Hamburg!

Even though this time I had the GPS installed, I managed to make one false turn while driving in the center of Hamburg, and where did I end up? 

Reeperbahn of course! :)

It started to rain and the normal way to Julie's place was blocked so I pulled over, killed the engine and started looking for an alternative road which seemed to be a big big mistake: this time Viffer refused start! Also at the same time it started rain so I had a nice moment of exercise when pushing the bike around half kilometer to Julie's place.

Oh yes, many people have been asking how fast I've driven in Germany. Since the elevation graphs in northern Germany are not that interesting, I will decided to add some speed graphs:

As far as I can remember, the autobahn between Travemünde and Hamburg didn't have any part without a speedlimit but as you can see the speed seldom goes over 120 km/h.



No comments: