Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 19: From Italy to Slovenia (through the Dolomites)

Again time to move on. I had to wake up early since I knew it was going to be a long trip. During the previous evening I asked the owner of the place tips about the route I should take. He had already prepared numerous maps for bikers from which I took the parts which fitted my plan. He also mentioned that I should stay there for couple more days to see them all... well, next time! ;)

#1: The view from the room

#2: Karersee

#3: Karersee again

#4: Lost

#5: Lago Di Fedaia

#6: Passo Giau (NE)
#7: Passo Giau
#8: Passo Giau (W)

#9: Near Cortina d'Ampezzo

#10: Lago di Auronzo

During this trip I saw many many awesome views and drove on fantastic roads. Also this time the weather was pretty nice. It was such a shame that I had to drive through the Dolomites so fast! But sometimes you just gotta go! At the end of the trip I started to get a bit numb again and I was really happy to finally reach Slovenia.

After I had crossed the border I stopped at the first gas station I could find  to buy gasoline and a vignette to be able to drive on the highways. There a British couple started talking to me and was wondering what I did so far away from Finland...

And finally I arrived in Smokuč where I finally met up with Polja, her family and Miha. I don't really know how I had the energy but during the evening we still went to Bled to get some famous cream cake and take a walk around the lake.

Few pictures from Bled:







No comments: