Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

D-Day +13: From Berikon to Vorarlberg

Time had passed and now it was time to leave Switzerland behind.


Zürichsee (1st stop)

The same view without a polarization filter

I also did a bit bigger mistake with the driving and turned a bit too soon before Neu St. Johann. But since the road was nice to drive, I did not bother to check out navigator but hoped that the road would have led me to road I had planned. Finally I made my 2nd stop (in Hemberg?), had a coffee and checked up the route in the navi. I could have continued on that route but I would then have missed the road (leading to Schwägalb) which I definitely wanted to drive so I decided to turn back. But since both roads were nice to drive there was no really harm done.

4th stop (after Neu St. Johann

Near Säntis (?)


I realized I had no pics of cows in Switzerland

I also made a short stop in Appenzell and walked around the city. It was getting a bit dark so I didn't even bother to take pictures. As this was the 2nd visit to the city, I did only short walk around it and left. Some more driving and I was already on a hill looking at Vorarlberg. When I got to Koblach, there was already a little BBQ-party starting up and Frau J & Herr F had kindly obtained few Kellerbier's which was nice after a hard drive.


Famous Austrian delicacy




A picture to sum up the day


View Larger Map

No comments: