Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The ferry trip to Travemünde

So finally the day of departure arrived and during the morning I did my final shopping & packing and off to Vuosaari I drove. Went through the check-in just to find myself in the mysterious "line 0" where the lady kindly guided me but what was not mentioned in any guide.

After a short waiting some dock employee drove next to me and winked that I need to follow. So at least one good side with the motorcycle is that you get in front of the cars. I was the first one to drive there so I got totally the last corner of the boat. I spent like 20 minutes packing my stuff and wondering how to attach the harnesses to secure the bike. There wasn't really any hurry with this and the deck was open till 1h before the departure.



I put my stuff to my cabin, changed to shorts, took the cam and went to the top floor to find the terrace. The Sun was shining so I took myself a deck chair and took Sun until the ship took off at 5 pm. Also wanted to test out the interval shooting in K20D, so here's a short test:



After that I went back to cabin just to find out that I was put in the same cabin with the Russian mob! Two guys who did not talk any English with bad ass spider tattoos and big ass crosses in the neck. I took the towel and went to check out the sauna. Next to sauna there was also a little "gym" with three machines so nothing really splendid but nevertheless I had a short 15 min training with one of them and then went to sauna. There was also a little swirl pool next to the sauna so it was possible to look at the views while chilling out.

Next I had nothing else to do so I headed to one room with a big television and watched "Braveheart". FREEDOM!

Then it was already getting late so I though to go to the cabin and sleep.

But hell no!

No comments: