Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

D-Day: From Travemünde to Hamburg

After a not so well slept night I went to fetch for a breakfast which was fairly good. There were a lot of things to choose. The breakfast was 10€ so if you want save money, you can also take your own food with you.

Next I tried to spend the day somehow. Mainly visiting the sauna again and taking a nap in the cabin now that the mob was on the road. Also watched enough of Discovery channel to get irritated of the commercials which repeated every 15 minutes. I also visited the shop and bought some chocolate to bring over. The shop itself is really tiny but you can find some basic presents (such as alcohol). A bottle of Minttu was 12€ something and a pack of beer around 17€.


I skipped the lunch but took the dinner from which 22€ was definitely way too much. Nevertheless the selection of dishes was fairly wide so no matter if you're a vegetarian or doing low-carb, there was something to eat. There was even something more exotic, like special kinds of meat, caviar etc.


After eating I talked for a moment with some Finnish motorcyclists about driving in Germany etc. Then the boat was already getting close to Travemünde so I went to the cabin to pack up my stuff. Before docking I also went to the top deck to see the sights. Then the boat docked, a moment of waiting in the lobby, packing up the bikes and off the boat! Took only a moment of driving and I already found myself on A1 towards Hamburg.



 On the way there were some constructions and at some point the whole traffic came to stop. After a short wait a bunch of Finnish and German motorcyclist passed me by going through the cars so I decided to follow them. The cars were actually giving room so it was quite easy to sneak between them. After a while the traffic started running again and I was able to get into speeds over 100 km/h.

After ~1 hour I finally arrived to Hamburg. Missed the east entrance what I was planning to use so I came in from the south. Found myself in a funny looking street what showed up to be Reeperbahn! There were also two Hesburgers on that street so if you get hungry among other business, you know where to go ;)

After being lost for a moment, I gave up and called Juliane for instructions. I finally arrived at her place sometime around the midnight. A bowl of salad, happy tummy and sleep...

No comments: